The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Self Authoring
PostPosted: Mon April 16, 2018 1:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 8372
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
Jordan B. Peterson has a self-authoring program, very long and excruciatingly detailed, meant to guide people to recognizing what's wrong and improving their lives. Here is my hastened, shortened, simper version. Complete the following steps to improve your life, RM. Try to be honest and thorough.

1. List all the things you are currently doing or often do that you know you should not be doing.

2. List all the things you know you should be doing that you aren't.

3. What is the worst possible outcome of your life, your version of hell, that could realistically occur in your near or distant future? How can you avoid this?

4. What is the best possible outcome of your life, your version of heaven, that could occur in your near or distant future? How could you achieve this?

_________________
radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Self Authoring
PostPosted: Mon April 16, 2018 2:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 54036
hi tree

_________________
run2death wrote:
Len, I would seriously come and see you if you were a bit closer than Yuma.

6 hours roundtrip is a little much for freaking Yuma.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Self Authoring
PostPosted: Mon April 16, 2018 2:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67629
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Namaste


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Self Authoring
PostPosted: Mon April 16, 2018 2:30 pm 
Online
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 33556
Location: Buenos Aires
OF COURSE TREE LIKES JORDAN PETERSON


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Self Authoring
PostPosted: Mon April 16, 2018 2:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 8372
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
I'm gonna take a quick stab at this. I will probably do this again another time.

Quote:
1. List all the things you are currently doing or often do that you know you should not be doing.

Slouching in my chair. Letting my mind wander and letting the static chatter lazily be the center of my attention. Being lazy and selfish in interactions with others, especially strangers. Drinking too much alcohol. Farting loudly in front of my wife. Eating too much garbage.

Quote:
2. List all the things you know you should be doing that you aren't.

Fixing up my Jeep and selling it. Doing way more cardio exercises way more often. Being more attentive to my wife and the rest of my family. Fixing up my yard, including getting my wife started with a garden. Taking life and the people in it way more seriously.

Quote:
3. What is the worst possible outcome of your life, your version of hell, that could realistically occur in your near or distant future? How can you avoid this?

Becoming addicted to cigarettes again, after having quit a year and a half ago I still crave them. Becoming an out of control alcoholic and losing all respect for life and the people in it. I need to maintain control, perhaps even cut back on the drinking, though it's mostly just on the weekends, it is possible to slowly lose control.

Quote:
4. What is the best possible outcome of your life, your version of heaven, that could occur in your near or distant future? How could you achieve this?

Becoming a positive influence on everyone around me. Being fully in control of my thoughts and actions. Being a responsible hand-man around the house and a better husband and better family member. I need to meditate again and way more often, exercise more, keep learning how to do around-the-house manly tasks and care and have more respect for people, my family and strangers.

_________________
radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Self Authoring
PostPosted: Mon April 16, 2018 2:38 pm 
Online
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 33556
Location: Buenos Aires
Does your family have a history of addiction?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Self Authoring
PostPosted: Mon April 16, 2018 2:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 8372
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
theplatypus wrote:
Does your family have a history of addiction?

Yeah. My dad's parents gave him up for adoption because of severe alcoholism and pretty much everyone on my mom's side of the family has alcoholism. I'm in danger of it, but have control right now.

_________________
radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Self Authoring
PostPosted: Mon April 16, 2018 2:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 16131
Location: Mizzou
tree_ wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
Does your family have a history of addiction?

Yeah. My dad's parents gave him up for adoption because of severe alcoholism and pretty much everyone on my mom's side of the family has alcoholism. I'm in danger of it, but have control right now.


Damn. Keep up the good work.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Self Authoring
PostPosted: Mon April 16, 2018 2:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 8372
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
Does your family have a history of addiction?

Yeah. My dad's parents gave him up for adoption because of severe alcoholism and pretty much everyone on my mom's side of the family has alcoholism. I'm in danger of it, but have control right now.


Damn. Keep up the good work.

I've always had control of it because I've always felt it as a possible threat and never wanted to lose control. It's not really a problem. This is just imagining the worst situation that I could see happening to me if I'm not careful.

_________________
radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Self Authoring
PostPosted: Mon April 16, 2018 2:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 16131
Location: Mizzou
tree_ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
Does your family have a history of addiction?

Yeah. My dad's parents gave him up for adoption because of severe alcoholism and pretty much everyone on my mom's side of the family has alcoholism. I'm in danger of it, but have control right now.


Damn. Keep up the good work.

I've always had control of it because I've always felt it as a possible threat and never wanted to lose control. It's not really a problem. This is just imagining the worst situation that I could see happening to me if I'm not careful.


Would you say you have an addictive personality with other things?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Self Authoring
PostPosted: Mon April 16, 2018 2:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 8372
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tree_ wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
Does your family have a history of addiction?

Yeah. My dad's parents gave him up for adoption because of severe alcoholism and pretty much everyone on my mom's side of the family has alcoholism. I'm in danger of it, but have control right now.


Damn. Keep up the good work.

I've always had control of it because I've always felt it as a possible threat and never wanted to lose control. It's not really a problem. This is just imagining the worst situation that I could see happening to me if I'm not careful.


Would you say you have an addictive personality with other things?

Everything that tastes good or makes me feel better. I have to be careful.

_________________
radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Self Authoring
PostPosted: Mon April 16, 2018 3:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 54036
praying for you

_________________
run2death wrote:
Len, I would seriously come and see you if you were a bit closer than Yuma.

6 hours roundtrip is a little much for freaking Yuma.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Self Authoring
PostPosted: Mon April 16, 2018 3:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 6650
Location: Washington State
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
praying for you

You joke but there's a lady here who has told me twice that she's praying for me. The first one was when I told her about my wife so Ok, i give her that one. The second was when I was having computer issues and she said she'd pray for me. Uh...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Self Authoring
PostPosted: Mon April 16, 2018 3:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 8372
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
bune wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
praying for you

You joke...

I can't tell with lennytheweedwhacker anymore

_________________
radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Self Authoring
PostPosted: Mon April 16, 2018 3:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 54036
bune wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
praying for you

You joke but there's a lady here who has told me twice that she's praying for me. The first one was when I told her about my wife so Ok, i give her that one. The second was when I was having computer issues and she said she'd pray for me. Uh...

sounds like a sweet lady

_________________
run2death wrote:
Len, I would seriously come and see you if you were a bit closer than Yuma.

6 hours roundtrip is a little much for freaking Yuma.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Self Authoring
PostPosted: Mon April 16, 2018 3:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67629
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
bune wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
praying for you

You joke but there's a lady here who has told me twice that she's praying for me. The first one was when I told her about my wife so Ok, i give her that one. The second was when I was having computer issues and she said she'd pray for me. Uh...

I'll pray for her.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Self Authoring
PostPosted: Mon April 16, 2018 3:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 54036
durdencommatyler wrote:
bune wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
praying for you

You joke but there's a lady here who has told me twice that she's praying for me. The first one was when I told her about my wife so Ok, i give her that one. The second was when I was having computer issues and she said she'd pray for me. Uh...

I'll pray for her.

please don’t lie

_________________
run2death wrote:
Len, I would seriously come and see you if you were a bit closer than Yuma.

6 hours roundtrip is a little much for freaking Yuma.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Self Authoring
PostPosted: Mon April 16, 2018 3:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67629
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
bune wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
praying for you

You joke but there's a lady here who has told me twice that she's praying for me. The first one was when I told her about my wife so Ok, i give her that one. The second was when I was having computer issues and she said she'd pray for me. Uh...

I'll pray for her.

please don’t lie

I'll lie for her.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Self Authoring
PostPosted: Mon April 16, 2018 3:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 54036
durdencommatyler wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
bune wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
praying for you

You joke but there's a lady here who has told me twice that she's praying for me. The first one was when I told her about my wife so Ok, i give her that one. The second was when I was having computer issues and she said she'd pray for me. Uh...

I'll pray for her.

please don’t lie

I'll lie for her.

I’ll lie on you

_________________
run2death wrote:
Len, I would seriously come and see you if you were a bit closer than Yuma.

6 hours roundtrip is a little much for freaking Yuma.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Self Authoring
PostPosted: Mon April 16, 2018 4:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67629
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
bune wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
praying for you

You joke but there's a lady here who has told me twice that she's praying for me. The first one was when I told her about my wife so Ok, i give her that one. The second was when I was having computer issues and she said she'd pray for me. Uh...

I'll pray for her.

please don’t lie

I'll lie for her.

I’ll lie on you

I get off work at 3.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], theplatypus and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Wed December 19, 2018 6:15 am