The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 623 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next
 Post subject: So...
PostPosted: Wed June 15, 2016 3:04 pm 
Worst Moderator

I'm not sure if this is the best idea posting this here, but as it stands I have very little outlet for this elsewhere so here it goes:

On Monday evening, after work, my wife seemed out of sorts. I asked her what was wrong, expecting "work sucked today" or "I feel fat today". Instead, I got "I'm not in love with you anymore and don't want to be married anymore". :/

We talked for about 8 hours straight. Nothing happened, no cheating, no arguments, just that she loved me but was not "in love" with me. Very cliche I know, but without going into details she is basically going from past experiences where she was the one dumped and after a certain amount of time realized that even though she got dumped it was for the best. She is basically doing the that to me now, saying "everything will be fine" and "we are such great friends, I hope it stays that way". :/

Short term I'm still staying in the house but that will probably make me angry/sad within a week, so I'm actively looking for somewhere else to stay. I don't care about property and that shit, just having my heart broken. And my stepson. I love that kid. She says I'll always be a part of his life, but I don't know how that will work. He is 17 and makes all his decisions pretty much on his own, so hopefully he and I will keep in constant communication. We haven't even told him yet because he is doing a big research project at USC and don't want to disrupt him. :/

Also kind of sucks for the pets, but the cat I brought with me from out west will go stay with my parents. One of the dogs was hers before we met, and the other dog doesn't do well alone so she will keep him at the house with her dog. Maybe I can get visitation for the two dogs and the other cat. :/

We have some really good friends together, so I'm not sure how all that is going to work out. I don't want to make it awkward for them, but she says since we can hopefully remain friends all will be fine. :/

This is all still a fresh open wound for me, but because there really is no "reason", I'm having a hard time understanding and therefore it is hard to talk to my friends and family about it, so against my better judgement I am venting here.

For all of my RM friends that are friends with me on Facebook, please don't mention anything there. We have only told family and close friends so far, and not even my stepson. So again, I urge you not to say anything on Facebook, please.

tl;dr, /rant.

Post subject: Re: So...
PostPosted: Wed June 15, 2016 3:06 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

ah shit man that sucks.

PostPosted: Wed June 15, 2016 3:07 pm 
RM Elitist

:(

PostPosted: Wed June 15, 2016 3:09 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Wow, Ruddo. I'm so, so sorry. That totally sucks.

PostPosted: Wed June 15, 2016 3:11 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

:(

Worst Moderator

At least with my first wife there was something tangible to grasp on and be upset about or understand, because she cheated. This is just... heartbreaking.

Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I can't imagine, man.

PostPosted: Wed June 15, 2016 3:17 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Shit, I am really sorry Ruddo. Wishing you all the best with this. We are here to listen and to help.

PostPosted: Wed June 15, 2016 3:17 pm 
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"

I'm not gonna tell you how to act and I'm sure you've already been through some version of this but knowing myself I'd be pissed off. No warning? Just, all of a sudden, "I'm not feeling it"? How about trying to work on things? Isn't a marriage supposed to be a commitment?

Anyway, sorry, this really sucks, I'll stop commenting "Nice" now.

PostPosted: Wed June 15, 2016 3:23 pm 
Worst Moderator

theplatypus wrote:
I'm not gonna tell you how to act and I'm sure you've already been through some version of this but knowing myself I'd be pissed off. No warning? Just, all of a sudden, "I'm not feeling it"? How about trying to work on things? Isn't a marriage supposed to be a commitment?

Anyway, sorry, this really sucks, I'll stop commenting "Nice" now.

No, I am angry. Especially about the not wanting to work on it part. But I know from talking for 8 hours straight the other night where this is all coming from, and I doubt her mind will change. It is very delicate because I need to express my frustration/anger but not to the point of pissing her off and then it turning into something messy.

Luckily I have family to rely on locally until I figure out what to do, but will probably head back out west again.

PostPosted: Wed June 15, 2016 3:24 pm 
Posting (live)

Oh man. I wish it wasn't so. That is really sad news.

Stay strong.

PostPosted: Wed June 15, 2016 3:25 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i can't even imagine..it actually made me feel nauseous reading it..sorry ruddo..

PostPosted: Wed June 15, 2016 3:25 pm 
Worst Moderator

Also, if you guys would be so kind as to start some kind of crowdfunding for me so I can afford one of those high end s*x dolls, that would be awesome. I'm at a point where I don't want/need to deal with real women anymore and ho*kers could get expensive.

That was a serious post, btw.

PostPosted: Wed June 15, 2016 3:27 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Luckily I have family to rely on locally until I figure out what to do, but will probably head back out west again.

Happy to hear you've got family you can lean on. That's important right now. My head would be spinning, if it were me. I'd be livid and probably saying things I'd wish I could take back. It sounds like you're being really mature about it, which is great. But I hope you're also able to express how you're really feeling in a healthy way. It's good to yell and scream and get that shit out in a safe space.

We barely know each other and I have no idea what I could possibly do for you right now other than listen. But if you need anything, you can reach out. And if you want to visit NYC before moving out west or wherever you end up. Look me up.

PostPosted: Wed June 15, 2016 3:28 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Also, if you guys would be so kind as to start some kind of crowdfunding for me so I can afford one of those high end s*x dolls, that would be awesome. I'm at a point where I don't want/need to deal with real women anymore and ho*kers could get expensive.

I'm a work and so probably shouldn't be Googling "Real High-End Sex Dolls." But uh... what kinda cost are we talking about here?

PostPosted: Wed June 15, 2016 3:30 pm 
Worst Moderator

Thanks, joey.

"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"

This was right after a vacation, right?

Worst Moderator

durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

I'm a work and so probably shouldn't be Googling "Real High-End Sex Dolls." But uh... what kinda cost are we talking about here?

I'm at work too, but I'm sure the real doll ones are at least 6 g's, right?

PostPosted: Wed June 15, 2016 3:31 pm 
Worst Moderator

theplatypus wrote:
This was right after a vacation, right?

Yes. Where we laughed and seemingly had fun.

PostPosted: Wed June 15, 2016 3:31 pm 
Gym Leader

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

i don't recommend sleeping with strippers, either

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 623 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion