The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1356 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What were your usernames at the old board?
PostPosted: Fri February 17, 2017 5:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 23685
Location: don't PM me I don't have anything
Strat wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
this thread kinda makes me want a "history of RM" book

IM pretty certain the platypus has been in the process of developing that over the past few years.

I would love to write a History of RM book. It would be a pop-up book

_________________
official RM census results


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What were your usernames at the old board?
PostPosted: Fri February 17, 2017 6:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed September 14, 2016 5:07 pm
Posts: 308
Location: WI
i used to lurk on the aol pj board in the mid-late 90s. there were some fucking lunatics on there.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What were your usernames at the old board?
PostPosted: Fri February 17, 2017 6:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 1:53 pm
Posts: 9031
Location: in the wind
Thanks, peeps. That was good

_________________
, yo.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What were your usernames at the old board?
PostPosted: Fri February 17, 2017 7:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Posts: 3326
anytime asher...anytime

_________________
Chris_H_2 wrote:
...i really think i pissed myself.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What were your usernames at the old board?
PostPosted: Fri February 17, 2017 10:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Posts: 3326
the really odd thing is those are clashed with the most (not all, but some of the all time great clashes) i talk to the most on facebook

_________________
Chris_H_2 wrote:
...i really think i pissed myself.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What were your usernames at the old board?
PostPosted: Fri February 17, 2017 11:58 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu April 21, 2016 12:19 am
Posts: 1646
I think Peeps inferred that my vagina was a barren cave at one time or another.

I appreciate ya Peeps. :heartbeat:

_________________
BurtReynolds: "Perfection takes time, guys."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What were your usernames at the old board?
PostPosted: Fri February 17, 2017 11:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 11985
Location: there all is aching
Peeps is a good guy. He was like an older brother to the board in the early days.

_________________
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What a great post, tommy


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What were your usernames at the old board?
PostPosted: Sat February 18, 2017 12:02 am 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu April 21, 2016 12:19 am
Posts: 1646
tommymtcom wrote:
Peeps is a good guy. He was like an older brother to the board in the early days.

*likes*

_________________
BurtReynolds: "Perfection takes time, guys."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What were your usernames at the old board?
PostPosted: Sat February 18, 2017 5:02 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Posts: 3326
pepperwhiteMFC wrote:
I think Peeps inferred that my vagina was a barren cave at one time or another.

I appreciate ya Peeps. :heartbeat:



buggy? lt?

_________________
Chris_H_2 wrote:
...i really think i pissed myself.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What were your usernames at the old board?
PostPosted: Sat February 18, 2017 11:59 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:20 am
Posts: 2482
Peeps wrote:
the sky i scrape and red mosquito were two different boards

tsis was run by scott and rm was run by big mama

at first i think they were just linked but then eventually merged

i believe this was around 99-00

mods at the time were scott, big mama, lt, hinny, and one or two others (names escape me)


there was a secondary board created that bateman, lt, ceementfoam, ant (one of the first confirmed african american posters) and a small handful of others also posted on in addition to rm/tsis. that board imploded due to lots of arguments (of which i was more than likely involved in or started)

i cant remember the year big mama eventually left and it all fell onto scott. then scott got busy with busy with graduate or post graduate work and handed it off to GH and buggy

i believe there were two different crashes since then but i may be off

i am probably rmer with the longest tenure here even if i dont post all that much anymore so show respect mf'ers

*eta there may have been some who have lurked way back then but i dont recall any particular names (if stip or anyone else did)


Peeps, thanks for this. It reminded me of former RMer styrofoam chicken - I think he had a back to the future avatar. He was an old poster, not very agreeable. A miserable man if I remember. Do you remember him?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What were your usernames at the old board?
PostPosted: Sat February 18, 2017 1:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 11985
Location: there all is aching
Coach wrote:
Peeps wrote:
the sky i scrape and red mosquito were two different boards

tsis was run by scott and rm was run by big mama

at first i think they were just linked but then eventually merged

i believe this was around 99-00

mods at the time were scott, big mama, lt, hinny, and one or two others (names escape me)


there was a secondary board created that bateman, lt, ceementfoam, ant (one of the first confirmed african american posters) and a small handful of others also posted on in addition to rm/tsis. that board imploded due to lots of arguments (of which i was more than likely involved in or started)

i cant remember the year big mama eventually left and it all fell onto scott. then scott got busy with busy with graduate or post graduate work and handed it off to GH and buggy

i believe there were two different crashes since then but i may be off

i am probably rmer with the longest tenure here even if i dont post all that much anymore so show respect mf'ers

*eta there may have been some who have lurked way back then but i dont recall any particular names (if stip or anyone else did)


Peeps, thanks for this. It reminded me of former RMer styrofoam chicken - I think he had a back to the future avatar. He was an old poster, not very agreeable. A miserable man if I remember. Do you remember him?


I remember StyChi. I seem to remember him being friends with athletic supporter. I wouldn't have said he was miserable. He was certainly no Superklye.

_________________
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What a great post, tommy


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What were your usernames at the old board?
PostPosted: Sat February 18, 2017 2:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 30682
i really didn't like that guy

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
don't be afraid to get whimsical and/or overly sentimental


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What were your usernames at the old board?
PostPosted: Sat February 18, 2017 3:14 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu April 21, 2016 12:19 am
Posts: 1646
Peeps wrote:
pepperwhiteMFC wrote:
I think Peeps inferred that my vagina was a barren cave at one time or another.

I appreciate ya Peeps. :heartbeat:



buggy? lt?


2006-09 were bad years for me in general and I barely remember it myself.

_________________
BurtReynolds: "Perfection takes time, guys."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What were your usernames at the old board?
PostPosted: Sat February 18, 2017 4:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 14679
tommymtcom wrote:
Coach wrote:
Peeps wrote:
the sky i scrape and red mosquito were two different boards

tsis was run by scott and rm was run by big mama

at first i think they were just linked but then eventually merged

i believe this was around 99-00

mods at the time were scott, big mama, lt, hinny, and one or two others (names escape me)


there was a secondary board created that bateman, lt, ceementfoam, ant (one of the first confirmed african american posters) and a small handful of others also posted on in addition to rm/tsis. that board imploded due to lots of arguments (of which i was more than likely involved in or started)

i cant remember the year big mama eventually left and it all fell onto scott. then scott got busy with busy with graduate or post graduate work and handed it off to GH and buggy

i believe there were two different crashes since then but i may be off

i am probably rmer with the longest tenure here even if i dont post all that much anymore so show respect mf'ers

*eta there may have been some who have lurked way back then but i dont recall any particular names (if stip or anyone else did)


Peeps, thanks for this. It reminded me of former RMer styrofoam chicken - I think he had a back to the future avatar. He was an old poster, not very agreeable. A miserable man if I remember. Do you remember him?


I remember StyChi. I seem to remember him being friends with athletic supporter. I wouldn't have said he was miserable. He was certainly no Superklye.

stychi, athletic supporter, myself, and a few others came over from another board when that died in '03, so we were all familiar with each other. til that point, RM was where all the weirdos were, but we had no place else to go.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What were your usernames at the old board?
PostPosted: Sat February 18, 2017 4:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 11985
Location: there all is aching
spike wrote:
tommymtcom wrote:
Coach wrote:
Peeps wrote:
the sky i scrape and red mosquito were two different boards

tsis was run by scott and rm was run by big mama

at first i think they were just linked but then eventually merged

i believe this was around 99-00

mods at the time were scott, big mama, lt, hinny, and one or two others (names escape me)


there was a secondary board created that bateman, lt, ceementfoam, ant (one of the first confirmed african american posters) and a small handful of others also posted on in addition to rm/tsis. that board imploded due to lots of arguments (of which i was more than likely involved in or started)

i cant remember the year big mama eventually left and it all fell onto scott. then scott got busy with busy with graduate or post graduate work and handed it off to GH and buggy

i believe there were two different crashes since then but i may be off

i am probably rmer with the longest tenure here even if i dont post all that much anymore so show respect mf'ers

*eta there may have been some who have lurked way back then but i dont recall any particular names (if stip or anyone else did)


Peeps, thanks for this. It reminded me of former RMer styrofoam chicken - I think he had a back to the future avatar. He was an old poster, not very agreeable. A miserable man if I remember. Do you remember him?


I remember StyChi. I seem to remember him being friends with athletic supporter. I wouldn't have said he was miserable. He was certainly no Superklye.

stychi, athletic supporter, myself, and a few others came over from another board when that died in '03, so we were all familiar with each other. til that point, RM was where all the weirdos were, but we had no place else to go.


PJ network, right? I posted there too, but under a different name that I can't remember now

_________________
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What a great post, tommy


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What were your usernames at the old board?
PostPosted: Sat February 18, 2017 5:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 42157
Location: Sector 7-G
tmcs wrote:
i used to lurk on the aol pj board in the mid-late 90s. there were some fucking lunatics on there.

Wasn't that just alt.music.pearl-jam?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What were your usernames at the old board?
PostPosted: Sat February 18, 2017 5:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 11985
Location: there all is aching
What was the board with all the horny old women? They were obsessed with vedders white pants.

_________________
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What a great post, tommy


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What were your usernames at the old board?
PostPosted: Sat February 18, 2017 6:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 41078
Location: Surfside Beach, SC
tommymtcom wrote:
What was the board with all the horny old women? They were obsessed with vedders white pants.

What was the link for that? Asking for a friend

_________________
trolling is fun as hell - spike


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What were your usernames at the old board?
PostPosted: Sat February 18, 2017 6:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:17 pm
Posts: 1273
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
tommymtcom wrote:
What was the board with all the horny old women? They were obsessed with vedders white pants.

What was the link for that? Asking for a friend
lol I think the Vedder's white pants thread was the last iteration of this board, wasn't it?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What were your usernames at the old board?
PostPosted: Sun February 19, 2017 1:06 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Posts: 3326
while superklye didnt really have a filter at much he was/is a good guy

_________________
Chris_H_2 wrote:
...i really think i pissed myself.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1356 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dev and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu April 27, 2017 10:43 pm