The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159 ... 162  Next
 Post subject: Re: RM'ers with kids.
PostPosted: Fri July 20, 2018 7:58 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Coach wrote:
OK, team, so my daughter (first and only kid we are having) is now 3 1/2 years old. She is in that testing limits and barriers phase - you know, a threenager. I hear age 4 is a little easier...any truth to that?

nope. sorry.

PostPosted: Fri July 20, 2018 8:00 pm 
The Master

Kill the children.

PostPosted: Fri July 20, 2018 9:51 pm 
Future Drummer

EJ wrote:
Coach wrote:
OK, team, so my daughter (first and only kid we are having) is now 3 1/2 years old. She is in that testing limits and barriers phase - you know, a threenager. I hear age 4 is a little easier...any truth to that?

nope. sorry.

Yes. 3 was the worst. Threenager, though? That’s awful. Don’t use that again unless you catch her flicking her bean.

PostPosted: Fri July 20, 2018 10:01 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

daft twat wrote:
EJ wrote:
Coach wrote:

nope. sorry.

Yes. 3 was the worst. Threenager, though? That’s awful. Don’t use that again unless you catch her flicking her bean.

How do you know she's not doing that already?

PostPosted: Sat July 21, 2018 12:50 am 
Rank This Poster

verb_to_trust wrote:
daft twat wrote:
EJ wrote:
Coach wrote:

nope. sorry.

How do you know she's not doing that already?

My oldest son just hit 4.5 and it has been a great, noticeable change from his 3-4 expression.

PostPosted: Sat July 21, 2018 1:43 am 
Looks Like a Cat

From experience, three year olds are the toughest.

PostPosted: Sat July 21, 2018 2:02 am 
Posting (live)

My 4 yr old is tough at the moment.

PostPosted: Sat July 21, 2018 3:43 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

LetMeSleep wrote:
My 4 yr old is tough at the moment.

what's he up to?

PostPosted: Sat July 21, 2018 3:44 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I need to have some kids so I can contribute to this thread.

PostPosted: Sat July 21, 2018 11:24 am 
Future Drummer

daft twat wrote:
EJ wrote:
Coach wrote:

nope. sorry.

threenager is a common phrase over here where it just means they act like an entitled baby.

I would say that the majority of people feel 3 is the worst, with 4, 5 slightly better so I will continue to accelerate space time to a year ahead

Incidentally, so far today she's been very good.

PostPosted: Sat July 21, 2018 11:58 am 
AnalLog

That is an idiotic term.

PostPosted: Sat July 21, 2018 12:49 pm 
Worst Moderator

bart wrote:
That is an idiotic term.

My younger brother is acting all weird lately. Stupid thirty-threenagers

PostPosted: Thu July 26, 2018 3:25 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

My son is having surgery to put in tubes for his ear infections. Anyone else go through this lately?

PostPosted: Thu July 26, 2018 4:12 pm 
The Master

I had a tube put into my right ear as a kid. It pretty much stopped my ear infections.

PostPosted: Thu July 26, 2018 4:33 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

cutuphalfdead wrote:
I had a tube put into my right ear as a kid. It pretty much stopped my ear infections.

I had tubes in both ears as well. I'm just curious about the surgery itself. We're hoping it will help with his balance for walking as well. Right now he can take steps but always defaults to crawling.

PostPosted: Thu July 26, 2018 5:01 pm 
AnalLog

Monkey_Driven wrote:
My son is having surgery to put in tubes for his ear infections. Anyone else go through this lately?
No experience with this surgery but surgery experience. Fair or not, it's your job to be the calm and completely supportive person for both your child and your spouse. You get to listen and listen some more. The person of strength they can both rely on, regardless of your own fears or worries about things. Good luck to both you and your son. Tell us how it goes.

PostPosted: Thu July 26, 2018 5:03 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

surfndestroy wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
No experience with this surgery but surgery experience. Fair or not, it's your job to be the calm and completely supportive person for both your child and your spouse. You get to listen and listen some more. The person of strength they can both rely on, regardless of your own fears or worries about things. Good luck to both you and your son. Tell us how it goes.

What if I am afraid of hospitals/blood? This is a pretty easy surgery by the way. Should be in and out in a few hours.

PostPosted: Thu July 26, 2018 5:12 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Monkey_Driven wrote:
surfndestroy wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

What if I am afraid of hospitals/blood? This is a pretty easy surgery by the way. Should be in and out in a few hours.

My youngest daughter had this done when she was around 1 (she's now 5). Its a routine procedure. Just difficult for parents to go through. At least its a quick procedure. It made an immediate, positive difference for my daughter though.

PostPosted: Thu July 26, 2018 7:16 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

EJ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
surfndestroy wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

My youngest daughter had this done when she was around 1 (she's now 5). Its a routine procedure. Just difficult for parents to go through. At least its a quick procedure. It made an immediate, positive difference for my daughter though.

Yeah, he's pretty much had an ear infection for the past 4-5 months straight. Tried three antibiotics and the shots. Nothing worked.

PostPosted: Thu July 26, 2018 7:21 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

my nephew had this done around the age of 2 too. it was wild how much he immediately felt better

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159 ... 162  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion