The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 449, 450, 451, 452, 453, 454, 455 ... 459  Next
 Post subject: Re: Facebook
PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 2:12 am 
The Master

“I wonder how long it will take until a misogynistic commen...”

a lot of hurt

PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 1:48 pm 
Future Drummer

My MiL often shares posts from some fairly right wing anti-Muslim nationalists groups and I don't think she realises how bad it looks. Take today's share from "Infidel Brotherhood of Australia Resistance" that claims '4 young African thugs had beaten a disability pensioner shortly after robbing 2 fourteen year old kids' and how these scum bags should be immediately deported.

I really want to post to ask her whether she thinks this really happened, or if she realises that more than likely she's just happily spreading hate propaganda without a 2nd thought.

She's an absolutely lovely person who, as far as I am aware, is not racist in any way at all, and would be mortified to be called one. Yet she continues to post this obnoxious slime and cause it to appear on my (and my kids) timelines.

Not sure what to do here.

PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 1:52 pm 
The Master

Higgs wrote:
My MiL often shares posts from some fairly right wing anti-Muslim nationalists groups and I don't think she realises how bad it looks. Take today's share from "Infidel Brotherhood of Australia Resistance" that claims '4 young African thugs had beaten a disability pensioner shortly after robbing 2 fourteen year old kids' and how these scum bags should be immediately deported.

I really want to post to ask her whether she thinks this really happened, or if she realises that more than likely she's just happily spreading hate propaganda without a 2nd thought.

She's an absolutely lovely person who, as far as I am aware, is not racist in any way at all, and would be mortified to be called one. Yet she continues to post this obnoxious slime and cause it to appear on my (and my kids) timelines.

not let your kids have facebook

PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 2:23 pm 
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"

Higgs wrote:

Is one of your kids Spenno because too late

PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 2:34 pm 
Future Drummer

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Higgs wrote:

At 15 and 18 I think they can handle Facebook.

My point is more that they see their Grandma posting like a dick, and that's not a good look.

PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 2:37 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 WWW  Profile

Higgs wrote:
Higgs wrote:

My point is more that they see their Grandma posting like a dick, and that's not a good look.
The more they understand, the better. If she's confused, they should know that. Maybe they can help.

PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 2:37 pm 
The Master

Higgs wrote:
Higgs wrote:

f*ck her daughter

PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 4:40 pm 

I have this friend who I respect and admire very much but he has an annoying habit of sharing news articles and captioning them with the phrase "As one does." A recent example

or stuff like

It's just the repetitive nature of it that annoys the heck out of me

PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 6:09 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Higgs wrote:
She's an absolutely lovely person who...is not racist in any way at all, and would be mortified to be called one.

Boy, do I have some bad news for her.

PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 6:14 pm 
Worst Moderator

Simple Torture wrote:
Higgs wrote:
She's an absolutely lovely person who...is not racist in any way at all, and would be mortified to be called one.

As one does

PostPosted: Sun July 15, 2018 1:27 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

theplatypus wrote:
Higgs wrote:

Is one of your kids Spenno because too late

:-?

PostPosted: Sun July 15, 2018 1:10 pm 
Worst Moderator

Someone just poked me on Facebook

PostPosted: Sun July 15, 2018 1:14 pm 
The Master

I was lonely

a lot of hurt

PostPosted: Sun July 15, 2018 1:16 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Someone just poked me on Facebook

As one does.

PostPosted: Sun July 15, 2018 1:32 pm 
Rank This Poster

Simple Torture wrote:
Higgs wrote:

I can’t even get my dad to wear deodorant half the time. So good luck curing your MIL’s deep seated racist worldview. Hard to fix a problem with someone who doesn’t understand the problem.

PostPosted: Mon July 16, 2018 5:01 am 

PostPosted: Mon July 16, 2018 5:02 am 
The Master

:lol:

a lot of hurt

PostPosted: Mon July 16, 2018 7:51 am 
Rank This Poster

That was good.

PostPosted: Mon July 16, 2018 12:33 pm 
Worst Moderator

These police department lip sync videos are awful. Every single one of them.

PostPosted: Tue July 17, 2018 4:38 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Oh, yeah, gimme those good Blue Lives Matter posts:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 449, 450, 451, 452, 453, 454, 455 ... 459  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion