The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1033 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 52  Next
 Post subject: Re: Things Your Coworkers Say
PostPosted: Tue January 09, 2018 8:53 pm 
Rank This Poster

wease wrote:
bune wrote:
So an ex-coworker (she retired) brought some chocolate-covered peanut butter balls in for the holidays. A lady just walked in looked at them and said, "OMG, those are sweaty balls!" I could only look on in wonder.

Was she spoofing the Alec Baldwin SNL skit, Schweddy Balls?

Maybe? She said she wasn't the one who came up with the name, it was another person she worked with, but who knows what he thought.

PostPosted: Wed January 10, 2018 1:06 pm 
Future Drummer

My manager tells me that I’ve been doing the heavy lifting because he has nothing to do without a budget to buy expensive marketing software.

So he’s basically doing nothing with the software we do have because he’s pissy about not getting what he wants.

He’s a former Army Intelligence officer. Makes me wonder what shape our Army is in these days.

PostPosted: Sat January 13, 2018 2:53 am 
Mind Your Tanners

So our GM has been dating one of the bartenders low-key for like a year. No big deal really, as there’s no explicit rule in our company about it and they’ve been really good about hiding it, but it’s still icky to me for a few reasons:

1. She got separated a couple of months ago.
2. Everyone behind the bar just kind of pieced it together over time and I had to force his hand when I caught Windy et al. gossiping about it across both sides of the bar.
3. I’m sure I’ve vented to his bartender GF more than a few times about scheduling, policy etc.

I think I just wish that he’d been frank with me as it happened, since we have a pretty close work relationship.

Anyway, yeah. They make a cute couple though.

PostPosted: Sat January 13, 2018 2:57 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

fuckin' Wendy

PostPosted: Sun January 14, 2018 3:40 am 
Future Drummer

I wouldn’t vent to her anymore.

PostPosted: Sun January 14, 2018 4:04 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

wait - wendy aside - the general manager is dating one of his employees?

isn't that destined to end in:

a) tragedy
b) lawsuit
c) love triangle parking lot shooting
d) #metoo moment
e) all of the above

this is why we all need polling rights

PostPosted: Sun January 14, 2018 4:07 am 
Future Drummer

Love triangle parking lot shooting. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun January 14, 2018 4:08 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

*envisioning a flesh-wound or misfire, not an actual mortality

PostPosted: Tue January 16, 2018 5:37 pm 
Rank This Poster

washing machine wrote:
So our GM has been dating one of the bartenders low-key for like a year. No big deal really, as there’s no explicit rule in our company about it and they’ve been really good about hiding it, but it’s still icky to me for a few reasons:

1. She got separated a couple of months ago.
2. Everyone behind the bar just kind of pieced it together over time and I had to force his hand when I caught Windy et al. gossiping about it across both sides of the bar.
3. I’m sure I’ve vented to his bartender GF more than a few times about scheduling, policy etc.

I think I just wish that he’d been frank with me as it happened, since we have a pretty close work relationship.

Anyway, yeah. They make a cute couple though.

There was a birthday party Friday after work for a guy in a similar situation. I felt really hinky about it so I didn't go. Caught some flak for it too from my boss too. One of those, "Oh you aren't going? everyone else is." things and I'm like this isn't fucking high school, Christ.
96583UP wrote:
fuckin' Wendy

Man, there's a tweet that I'd post here but I'm not searching for that right now.

Search for "I showed you my beef Wendy" and that should do it.

PostPosted: Tue January 16, 2018 5:41 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

"David Devine, he so fine" - Freudian-slip style, by a middle-aged, married, salesman that I had long previously suspected to be in the closet.

PostPosted: Wed January 17, 2018 6:21 pm 
Worst Moderator

My coworker is super nosy. She always wants to know what I'm eating for lunch so she can comment about it, and wants to see what I'm doing if she doesn't hear me doing anything for a while. She has to walk by my office to get to the kitchen or the copy room, so she always uses that as an excuse. Today I brought a sandwich back from my lunch break. When I unwrapped it, she heard it, and like clockwork, she got up to walk by my office. Before she did, I set my sandwich in my desk drawer. I saw her looking as she walked by, she did something in the kitchen, then walked back by again looking in my office. Once I heard her sit down, I got my sandwich out and started eating. She heard the crinkle of the sandwich wrapper and immediately got up again, so again I hid my sandwich. Once she got back to her desk I heard her ask "what are you doing for lunch today, Chris?". To which I responded, "I just got something quick while I was out. I know it is driving her nuts right now.

PostPosted: Wed January 17, 2018 6:24 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
My coworker is super nosy. She always wants to know what I'm eating for lunch so she can comment about it, and wants to see what I'm doing if she doesn't hear me doing anything for a while. She has to walk by my office to get to the kitchen or the copy room, so she always uses that as an excuse. Today I brought a sandwich back from my lunch break. When I unwrapped it, she heard it, and like clockwork, she got up to walk by my office. Before she did, I set my sandwich in my desk drawer. I saw her looking as she walked by, she did something in the kitchen, then walked back by again looking in my office. Once I heard her sit down, I got my sandwich out and started eating. She heard the crinkle of the sandwich wrapper and immediately got up again, so again I hid my sandwich. Once she got back to her desk I heard her ask "what are you doing for lunch today, Chris?". To which I responded, "I just got something quick while I was out. I know it is driving her nuts right now.

:haha:

PostPosted: Wed January 17, 2018 6:40 pm 
The Master

Anders wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

:haha:

This also made me LOL

PostPosted: Wed January 17, 2018 6:41 pm 
The Master

report her to HR ruddo

PostPosted: Wed January 17, 2018 10:46 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

I enjoyed this. Jim Halpertesque.

PostPosted: Thu January 18, 2018 1:42 pm 
Future Drummer

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
report her to HR ruddo

HR nightmares.

PostPosted: Thu January 18, 2018 4:09 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
this is great !

tomorrow let her "catch" you shoving your lunch back in the drawer and with your mouth full, suddenly stop chewing when she passes by. Don't look up from your work

PostPosted: Thu January 18, 2018 4:10 pm 
The Master

then b*ng her

PostPosted: Thu January 18, 2018 4:16 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

I'm in another city this week. A woman here whenever she says something remotely funny (to her), she half says/half laughs "eeeehhh". Strange noise, never heard it before. At least four times every lunch break.

PostPosted: Thu January 18, 2018 4:16 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1033 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 52  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion